06 November, 2011

Post Munch

I'm remembering why I have always been so annoyed by daylight savings time. Despite the fact that at the very least the fall back portion of daylight savings time is infinitely better than the 'Spring Forward' portion.

In any case, the extra time in bed, notice I did not say sleeping because I was awake most of the night in a kind of on off daze, gave me a bit of time to process a lot of things that have been going on as of late.

Surprisingly enough, going to the munch this time, by myself, was a new and ultimately positive experience. Granted for the most part I simply sat and observed. Listening and paying attention to as much as was going on around me as possible. i do this for many reasons. The first being that I am more able to learn of my surroundings and the people that encompass those surroundings by listening. Not just to what is being said, but how it is being said. The subtle body language cues and things of that nature that make up human interaction.

The second being that in truth unless I know the people around me, more than just passing aquaintance wise, interjecting myself into their social dynamic is to me somewhat rude and uncomfortable. I may make a few comments here and there, answer when asked a question or spoken too, but I rarely if ever volunteer anything.

I could say that this is a response to being burned one to many times from various situations throughout my life, which is a part of it yes, but truthfully that is just part of my nature. I don't need to be the center of attention after all, and lets face it being in the shadows plotting tends to suit me more anyways hehe.

But this time was different, and I think I can attribute that to meeting someone there who is more similar to me than...well to be honest the vast majority of the worlds population. It was a good time and had a nice conversation about such a wide range of topics (mostly geeky fun type stuff) and it actaully made the whole experience enjoyable.

There wasn't a lot of lifestyle-esque talk going on other than a few snippets here and there, but then again there hasn't been much if any at all in any of the other ones I went to either. Which is ok. Well to some extent anyways. Its all well adn good to relax and enjoy the company of like minded individuals, but I suppose a little bit more of the twisted evil amusement types of stuff wouldnt be amiss either.

That being said, there are definately a few things here and there that I want to think more upon and get into further so to speak.

It definately makes it easier to get involved when there is someone there that makes it easier to open up a bit more than usual.

We'll see.

Now I jsut have to wait for my claws to arrive in the mail some time this week and see how all of that goes.

Shadow

No comments: